McAfee DAT File Update 8181
Author: McAfee, Inc.
Date: 05/30/2016 05:01 AM
Size: 76.2 MB
Requires: Win 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
Downloads: 1440368 times
[ Comments Screenshots ]
TIP: Click Here to Repair/Restore Missing Windows Files
Virus definition, or DAT files contain up-to-date virus signatures and other information that our anti-virus products use to protect your computer against millions of computer viruses and other potentially harmful software in circulation. Thousands of new threats appear each day. New DAT Are released by McAfee everyday/
To ensure that your anti-virus software can protect your system or network against the latest threats, you must download and install the latest McAfee DAT Files.
USING THE DAT PACKAGE INSTALLER (XDAT FILE)
1. Create a temporary directory on your hard
2. Download the XDAT file to the temporary
directory from our website. For the
location, see the "Contacting McAfee"
section in this readme.
3. Double-click the XDAT file to start the
4. Follow the instructions in the wizard
The installer then does the following:
- Unloads McAfee memory-resident software
or stops services that use your current
- Copies new DAT files to the appropriate
- Restarts the software components needed
to continue scans with your new DAT
5. When the McAfee DAT File installer has finished updating
your DAT files, you may delete the file you
downloaded, unless you want to keep a copy
available for further updates.
Majorgeeks recommends you update through your programs auto update. This should only be used if your auto update fails.