Anti-Virus | McAfee DAT File Update 7284
Author: McAfee, Inc.
Date: 12/09/2013 09:30 AM
Size: 124 MB
Requires: Win 8/ Win 7/ Vista/ 03 /XP
Downloads: 1080647 times
TIP: Click here to repair/restore missing Windows OS files
Report a Bad Link
release new DAT files.
To ensure that your anti-virus software can protect your system or network against the latest threats, you must download and install the latest DAT files.
USING THE DAT PACKAGE INSTALLER (XDAT FILE)
1. Create a temporary directory on your hard
2. Download the XDAT file to the temporary
directory from our website. For the
location, see the "Contacting McAfee"
section in this readme.
3. Double-click the XDAT file to start the
4. Follow the instructions in the wizard
The installer then does the following:
- Unloads McAfee memory-resident software
or stops services that use your current
- Copies new DAT files to the appropriate
- Restarts the software components needed
to continue scans with your new DAT
5. When the installer has finished updating
your DAT files, you may delete the file you
downloaded, unless you want to keep a copy
available for further updates.
Majorgeeks recommends you update through your programs auto update. This should only be used if your auto update fails.
MGID NEWS FEED: