McAfee DAT File Update 8274
Author: McAfee, Inc.
Date: 08/30/2016 05:00 AM
Size: 89.6 MB
Requires: Win 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
Downloads: 1457685 times
[ Comments Screenshots ]
TIP: Click Here to Repair/Restore Missing Windows Files
Virus definition or DAT files contain up-to-date virus signatures and other information that our anti-virus products use to protect your computer against millions of computer viruses and other potentially harmful software in circulation. Thousands of new threats appear each day. New DAT files are released by McAfee every day.
To ensure that your anti-virus software can protect your system or network against the latest threats, you must download and install the latest McAfee DAT Files.
USING THE DAT PACKAGE INSTALLER (XDAT FILE)
1. Create a temporary directory on your hard disk.
2. Download the XDAT file to the temporary directory from our website. For the location, see the 'Contacting McAfee' section in this readme.
3. Double-click the XDAT file to start the update.
4. Follow the instructions in the wizard panels.
The installer then does the following:
- Unloads McAfee memory-resident software or stops services that use your current DAT files.
- Copies new DAT files to the appropriate program directories.
- Restarts the software components needed to continue scans with your new DAT files.
5. When the McAfee DAT File installer has finished updating your DAT files, you may delete the file you downloaded, unless you want to keep a copy available for further updates.
Majorgeeks recommends you update through your programs auto update. This should only be used if your auto update fails.